Recipes for Recovery: Sweet Potato Pancakes
At The Foundry Treatment Center Steamboat, a healthy lifestyle is an important part of complete recovery. The link between the body and the mind is powerful, and a healthy diet combined with regular exercise is an integral component of lasting recovery from Substance Use Disorder.
There is a common misconception that healthy food is bland and without flavor or excitement. Our goal is to shift how our clients define "healthy food", and shift their lifestyles towards sustainable nutrition. Serving bland, flavorless food would only set the stage for old eating habits and patterns to return down the line.
Below is the recipe for Sweet Potato Pancakes - One of the many healthy meals served to clients at the Foundry Treatment Center Steamboat.
- 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (the flesh from 3 medium-small cooked sweet potato)
- 6 eggs
- coconut oil (for cooking)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together the sweet potato and eggs until well-combined. Add seasonings, if desired, and stir. Heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Drop the sweet potato mixture by the tablespoon and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip each cake and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the outside and cooked through. Lower heat works better, and don’t try to flip them before totally cooked on one side.
- Optional topping ideas: yogurt, nut butter, fresh fruit, or maple syrup. They are also good plain! OR go savory and try avocado and sliced turkey. Enjoy
Scott Przymus is the Executive Chef at The Foundry Treatment Center Steamboat, a rehab and substance use disorder treatment center located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Denver’s Homelessness Emergency Highlights the Impact of Social Determinants in Perpetuating Trauma
The Diabetes Drug That Could Offer Help with Addiction Treatment Highlights the Importance of Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare Approaches
Reasons to Be Wary of the Growing Role of Artificial Intelligence in the Delivery Of Mental and Behavioral Healthcare
Colorado’s Rural Communities Offer Stark Evidence of Factors Reducing the Nation’s Life Expectancy
Call today to get started on your journey or if you have any questions.(844) 955 1066